Sunday, May 14, 2006

My First Mother's Day

Well, I had a lovely Mother's Day.

We began by sleeping in an hour (granted it was fragmented with Cecilia stirring, but it was still an extra hour) and going to 7:30am mass. Cecilia was very good until the homily and then I walked her around the back of the Church while she sucked and gummed my thumb. After mass a number of people wished me a Happy Mother's Day and came by to see Cecilia and try to get her to make her razzberry sounds.

Cecilia took a wonderful 3 hour and 15 minute nap giving me time to clean the dining room and James time to start cooking. James single-handedly made us a homemade from scratch French Onion soup, Chicken with a white wine cream sauce (also made from scratch) and corn on the cob and fresh garlic mashed potatoes (yep, made from scratch), and to top it all off a chocolate soufflee for dessert (also from scratch). Yummy. I'm stuffed!

No comments: