Sunday, July 16, 2006

Update

Well, I've been pretty busy.

I've primarily been busy with Cecilia. Her naps are anything but regular so it is difficult for me to plan too much.

Unfortunately, the only progress I've made in my Bible reading is that I have finished Joshua and am on Judges. It has gotten more difficult to read now that Cecilia can figure out the book is behind her and never tires of trying to grab it.

We had some car trouble. The Escape kept stalling. Ugh. In fact it was so bad we couldn't drive it anywhere. We did get it fixed but for $800. Talk about expensive carbon build up. I'm sure it would have been cheaper to take it to anywhere but the Ford Dealership that we did, but since it was across the street and we weren't sure how far the Escape could get without stalling, we took it there. We are also currently trying to sell James' Mustang. Say a prayer we do. It is in good condition even if it is 8 years old. It has about 20,000 fewer miles on it than the Escape which is only 5 1/2 years old. It is just silly to keep it and keep paying insurance on it when all three of us cannot fit in it.

At the same time as Bible reading I am also working on putting together a family Recipe book, typing each one's ingredients and directions one page at a time and then printing them and putting them in a binder. Some we haven't even tried yet, but they sure do look good on Food Network. I am also working on sewing a few new patches onto my Bookbag and a few other projects....I do a little here, a little there, between cooking and cleaning while Cecilia naps.

I've also researched doing a couple of day tours into D.C. We were going to do two on Monday and Tuesday but as the highs are supposed to be 98 degrees F. both days, we are postponing it temporarily. We do want to go in July though so we can see the Houses while they are session.

I'll try to update regularly but as Cecilia keeps me busy, I don't seem to get too much done too quickly.

NOTE: I apologize for any missing Fs in my posts....that key on my laptop is fickle.

No comments: