Saturday, April 01, 2006

Cecilia's Naps and My New Book

Well, Cecilia and I went for our first outside walk together yesterday. Cecilia rode in her sling. Overall I think she enjoyed it. She was looking around as best she could at everything she could see. Unfortunately she and I started to get warm and she started to get fussy so we had to come inside after a brief time, but at least we got out.

I am also working today based on another theory regarding her afternoons. Yesterday we could not get her back to sleep and staying asleep for 4 1/2 hours. So my new theory is that she wants to cluster feed after her morning nap and not feeding a lot, she is still hungry, and without a fully tummy, she is not staying asleep and waking up hungry. So today we are going to aim for our morning usual and then have a feeding frenzy in early afternoon and see if after that she is able to fall asleep and stay asleep for 2-3 hours. If I am successful I'm going to share this theory with a message board I read where a number of other women are having the same problem with their little ones.

I began reading a new book two days ago. Before I see the film Capote, I wanted to read Capote's book In Cold Blood. I am now about a quarter of the way through it and must say it is quite good. I knew certain things would happen and some things Capote doesn't even pretend to hide. It is the motive I find so baffling and nonexistent at this point for this brutal mass murder. Maybe if we can get Cecilia's naptime down better I can read a little faster.

No comments: